July 11, 2019 - Journal Entry #3

Dear Reader,
8:23 AM: Today, I'm going to vacuum at SB's.

8:24 AM: Then, I'm going to the library to finish my PREP hours.

8:57 AM: So, SB said she would drop me off at the library after I vacuum her house. I'll tell you when I've finished and when I get to the library. :)

9:06 AM: My cramps are so bad right now... X(

10:49 AM: So, I'm at the library. I vacuumed SB's house and cleaned some of her windows. I earned $20!! I'm gonna save the money instead of spending it. I wanna save up for a new phone or maybe even my own computer (laptop), just so I can blog as much as possible.

10:51 AM: Now that I'm at the library, I have about 3 to 4 hours until I have to do my volunteer hours. I'll keep you guys posted. :)

11:29 AM: Still chilling at the library. Dad called me. He was basically yelling in my ear while I was trying to respond to him as quietly as I could, but still making sure he heard me. It's kinda annoying, though, since he knows that I'm in the library and that I have to be quiet.

11:31 AM: I learned a lot of things so far about the library. I learned that instead of individually checking each book in or out, you just place in on what I thought was a scale (I don't know what it's called. If you do, please comment, because I need to find out what this thing actually is called). Basically, there is a sticker thing that it put inside the books (on the inside of the back cover) that holds all the information about the book. So, you put it on the scale thing and voila! Done.

11:36 AM: Another thing that I learned is how the books are organized. There are so many categories. And even those categories have categories. Below is a list of them. Each point will tell you the name of the category, the way it is labeled on the spines of the books (in parenthesis), and the way that section is organized (also in parenthesis). :)

  • Kid's Section:
    • BoardBooks (BOARDBK XE, Abc)
    • Christmas (XE w/ CHRISTMAS sticker, Abc)
    • Thanksgiving (XE w/ THANKSGIVING sticker, Abc)
    • Easter (XE w/ EASTER sticker, Abc)
    • Halloween
    • Spanish (XSp w/ SPANISH sticker, Abc)
    • Picture Books (XE, Abc)
    • Picture Books Reader (XE Reader, Abc)
    • Toddler (XE w/ TODDLER sticker, Abc)
    • Graphic Novels/Comics (GRAPHIC NOVELS sticker, Organized by numbers)
    • Movie Books (X, Organized by numbers)
    • Music (XMuCD, Organized by numbers)
    • Children's Books on CD (XBOCD, Abc)
    • Newbery Award (X, Abc)
    • New Fiction (X, Abc)
    • Starting School (XE w/ STARTING SCHOOL sticker, Abc)
    • Counting Books (ABC/123 w/ COUNTING sticker, Abc)
    • Alphabet Books (ABC/123 w/ ALPHABET sticker, Abc)
    • Shapes and Colors:
      • Shapes (XE SHAPES w/ SHAPES sticker, Abc)
      • Colors (XE COLORS w/ COLORS sticker, Abc)
    • Things that Go (XGO XE w/ THINGS THAT GO sticker, Abc)
    • Too Tall (XE, Abc) --> Books that are too tall for other shelves)
    • Caldecott Award Winners (XE w/ CALDECOTT AWARD WINNERS sticker, Abc)
    • Worth 1000 Words (XWTW XE w/ WORTH 1000 WORDS sticker, Abc)
    • Dr. Seuss (XE w/ DR. SEUSS sticker, Abc)
    • Seek and Find (XE w/ SEEK AND FIND sticker, Abc)
    • Parenting (XPARENT/XCL X, Organized by numbers)
    • New Picture Books (XE w/ Yellow Sticker with date, Abc)
    • Non-Fiction (X, Organized by numbers)
    • X Fiction (X, Abc)
    • Children's Honor Books (BLUE STICKERS, Abc)
  • Fiction (X, Abc)
  • Fiction (#, Organized by numbers)
  • Non-Fiction (#, Organized by numbers)
  • Books in a series (red tape, Abc)
    • American Girls (X American Girl, Abc)
    • Arthur Chapter Books (X, Abc)
    • A To Z Mysteries (X, Abc)
    • Bad Kitty (X, Abc)
    • Boxcar Children (X, Abc)
    • Cam Jansen (X, Abc)
    • Candy Apple/Poison Apple/Rotten Apple (X Candy/X Poison/X Rotten, Abc)
    • Captain Underpants/Ricky Ricotta (X, Abc)
    • Captain Awesome (X, Abc)
    • Dear Dumb Diary (X, Abc)
    • Dear America (X, Abc)
    • Dragon Masters (X, Abc)
    • Disney Fairies/Princesses (X Disney, Abc)
    • Frank Einstein (X, Abc)
    • Franny K. Stein (X, Abc)
    • Geronimo Stilton (X Geronimo, Abc)
    • Goddess Girls (X, Abc)
    • Goosebumps/Mostly Ghostly (X, Abc)
    • Hamster Princess (X, Abc)
    • Hardy Boys (X, Abc)
    • Heidi Heckelbeck (X, Abc)
    • The Haunted Library (X, Abc)
    • Horrible Harry (X, Abc)
    • Inspector Flytrap (X, Abc)
    • I Survived (X, Abc)
    • Ivy and Bean (X, Abc)
    • Judy Moody and Stink (X, Abc)
    • Junie B. Jones (X, Abc)
    • Katie Kazoo (X, Abc)
    • Lego/Ninjago (X LEGO, Abc)
    • Little Legends (X, Abc)
    • Looniverse (X, Abc)
    • Melvin Beederman (X, Abc)
    • Magic Tree House (X, Abc)
    • Minecraft (X Minecraft, Abc)
    • Missy's Super Duper (X, Abc)
    • Monkey and Me (X, Abc)
    • Myth-O-Mania (X, Abc)
    • My Weird School (X, Abc)
    • Nancy Clancy (X, Abc)
    • Never Girls (X, Abc)
    • Nick and Tesla's (X, Abc)
    • Notebook of Doom (X, Abc)
    • Vet Volunteers (X, Abc)
    • Voyagers (X, Abc)
    • Who was...? (XB, Abc)
    • You Choose (X You, Abc)
  • Teen Section:
    • Teen New Books (Yellow Tape with date above YA, Abc)
    • Classics (YA, Abc)
    • Young Adult Books (YA, Abc)
    • Teen Graphic Novels (YA, Organized by numbers)
    • Manga (YA, Organized by numbers)
12:35 PM: So, yeah....that's a pretty long list. I'm gonna go eat my lunch. I'll be right back.

1:03 PM: Hey, finished eating. Now I just get to chill until 3. I'm reading my friend, PB's, book right now. You should check it out: Book Lovers Click Here!!! ;) She drew the cover and everything. :)

2:51 PM: My left hand is cold. My right hand is warm. And I need a life. XD

3:00 PM: Okay, starting my volunteering hours for today! Hopefully, I'll learn something new. Wish me luck! :)

- Ella Cinder

Comments