July 9, 2019 - Journal Entry #2

Dear Reader,
10:44 AM: I'm going to the library today instead of cleaning at ShiningBeacon's (SB) house. This is because of Dad's appointment with his doctor.

11:09 AM: I've made a list this morning of over 100 books that I'm checking the catalog system to see if the library has them. I'm then going to make an organized list of books that are at the library that I want to read. I'm going to see if I can read at least half of these books before school starts.

12:02 PM: So, I've gotten through the first page of the list I made this morning. I'm hoping to finish checking the catalog system before two o'clock, so I can start on my organized list. I'm happy to be doing this because I've been putting this off for quite a while.

2:30 PM: Okay, so I've finished my list of books. Sadly, the library didn't have a lot of the books that I wanted to read. So far, the list consists of 61 novels. If you want to see the list, check out my book recommendations page. It's underneath 'Labels' on the right. I'm going to put it there right now. :)

2:47 PM: I'm going to go and search for the first four or five books on the list. I'll tell you which ones I decide to check out. Of course, it all depends on whether or not they are on the shelves.

3:03 PM: Okay, so I've decided to start this reading 'challenge' of mine with 3 books: With the Fire on High, Children of Blood and Bone, and Lady Midnight. Now, I have to check them out before I change my mind. (Lol.)

3:07 PM: Okay, I've checked out the books! Now, I think I'm going to start with Lady Midnight. You see, a friend recommended this book to me at the start of my sophomore year and I've been wanting to read it since then. But the school library never had it. But, I found it at my town's public library, so I'm happy. :)

3:09 PM: So, I'm just going to chill here in the library until my parents come and pick me up.

- Ella Cinder

Comments